Sunday, June 29, 2014

Donut Eat Junk

Day Two

On day two I weighed in at 259. That is a four pound loss overnight. I know I didn't eat enough food, but I was working and didn't plan well so I truly deserved to lose those four pounds. Woe is me.

Anyway, on the second day of my story, the future seemed so bright. I was going to eat my serving sizes and for sure eat as close to my calorie ceiling as I could. I intend to keep my food intake between 1800 and 2000.

The day was going along great. I wasn't starving, I was getting snacks and I had a good amount left for dinner. Spent some time working on the blog, which by the way looks like a weekend project, for the most part. Keeping track of all this is taking a good chunk of time.

I am very busy during the week, logging my food intake on Lose It! and taking photos of food and then taking photos of more food and also, planning ahead. That is what is key at work.

But right now, I am telling you the story of Day Two. Yes, so I am minding my own business when all of a sudden my daughter, Hannah and son, Benjamin come home from staying a few days with their sister, Elizabeth and brother-in-law, Russell, bringing with them, bad juju!

Yes, the evil saboteurs brought home Voodoo Donuts from that crazy place known as Portland!

However, I am determined to have a serving size of the Bacon Maple Bar, because, I will not be denied and I am trying to prove a point here about being able to eat serving sizes and there is something else but it escapes me at the moment.

It took Hannah and I twenty minutes to find calorie content for the Bacon Maple Bar. Only 407 calories. That seems pretty reasonable for a donut such as these. So I cut it in half and only used 203.5 of my "dinner" calorie total. But I really wanted to taste that Dirty Bastard donut. So I cut off a bite-sized piece of that and the Tang-y Glazed donut and added an additional 100 to the deal.

Voodoo Review: The Bacon Maple Bar was a culinary sensation in much the same way as when your pancake syrup flows over the side of the double-stack, onto the plate and slides under your bacon, contaminating it with maple sugary sweetness.  It was okay. I prefer a stand-alone maple bar.

But that is beside the point. By eating these donuts, I went over my calories for the day. Part of the reason was because I forgot to log a few items. I will make mistakes, guarantee that. Like many foods I have consumed because they were there, I wasted calories on treats I don't really care about. Donuts didn't make me fat. I could go years without eating a donut. I would much rather eat a Costco Roasted chicken... whole. (I have not done this, just noting a preference.)

On the morning after the Donut Debacle, I weighed in at 263. Yikes, back up three pounds.

The moral of this story is Don't Eat Junk. Says Me.




No comments:

Post a Comment